How to understand this blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

events

I am off to Auckland on Wednesday for a little bit of a break, the U2 concert, and to meet my new niece or nephew, a stubborn little thing who is yet to appear.

Last time I went to the U2 concert, I was completely over-excited well before this point. Some of you may have had to put up with the most inane blog posts ever, listing the songs I hoped they would play and my thoughts on what it would be like and how I hoped I would be able to get as close to the front as possible. This time around, I'm only just starting to get excited.

It's strange to be thinking about frivolous things like this when, just over the mountains, 29 men are trapped underground after a mine blast on the West Coast. It looks like some action will be taken fairly soon, but the rescuers have been forced into inaction by conditions in the mine, and we are all feeling rather horrified by the odds against finding the men alive. All we can do is pray - and that's no small thing, so please help!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh, wow. That's awful. Will pray.

Hope you have a great time in Auckland!

heidikins said...

Oh goodness, that is horrible!

I hope that despite the terrible news you have a lovely trip in Auckland! Yay U2!

xox

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Definitely praying! A distraction will be good. Enjoy!