How to understand this blog

Saturday, October 1, 2011

positivity

I am having a great weekend so far, and it's only Saturday!

1. I almost have a job! Just waiting for them to speak to my referees but basically as long as my referees say nothing horrible about me I am going to receive a job offer soon. It happens to be a job that I really wanted and I am very excited about it - so very grateful, relieved and happy!

2. I got my thesis markers' comments back, and was surprised to read some really lovely, positive, genuine feedback from the external marker who happens to be an historian I really respect. Recovered some of my confidence in my own work as a result.

3. Googled myself this morning (oh, don't laugh, I bet you've done it too) and discovered my thesis is now online - I'm famous! Hmm. Yes. Of course.
You can read it here or here if you like. But don't worry. I have few illusions about how widely read this thesis will be.

4. Had an excellent night with some friends from church last night, sitting round eating dessert and sharing our stories of how we discovered faith in God. It was really fantastic and a little emotional at times and there were a lot of smiles and laughter.

4 comments:

Sarakastic said...

Congrats on the new job that is wonderful!

heidikins said...

I squee'd a little about the job, how fantastic!!!

xox

Stacy said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more.

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Congratulations! Everything sounds like it's going excellently! Constructive and complimentary feedback is won-der-ful!!